Individual Strawberry Shortcake
Sunday Brunch? Mother's Day? Birthday? High Tea? When is it your time to delight in these small, tasty treats! Any time is the right time! Indulge
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 3 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- 6 Tbsp. unsalted butter (I use Kerry Gold)
- ¾ cups whole milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 4 Tbsp. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 pint Berries preparation
- Wash, slice and add 2 tsp. granulated sugar in a bowl. make sure berries are coated and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- In a mixing bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, cream of tartar and salt together.
- Add the butter and use your fingertips to combine, making a mixture that resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add the milk a little at at time, working it in.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured working surface.
- Using a rolling pin roll and cut to size of pan you are using. I used Nordicware shortcake basket pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until inserted pick come clean from center.
- Make sure to cool completely before removing from pan.
- Spoon berry mixture into each basket.
- For the cream
- Pour the refrigerated heavy cream into the chilled mixing bowl and beat for a minute.
- dd the sugar and vanilla and continue beating until you have reached the perfect consistency.
- Pipe on to the berries and enjoy!