Serves: 8 servings
This is a quick and delicious recipe for any Italian party, in need of a perfectly easy entree. This lasagna is a favorite in my household and makes a perfect dinner for large families!
- 2 lbs. Hamburger meat
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1, 28 oz. can San Marzano Organic Peeled Tomatoes
- 1 lg. sweet onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp, Italian Seasoning
- 12 oz. Parmigiano-Reggiano grated
- 18 oz. Lasagna Noodles
- 16 oz. Daisy 4% fat Cottage Cheese
- 16 oz. Ricotta cheese
- 5 lbs Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 lb, bag of Italian mix cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 350° F
- Place noodles in a large bowl of hot water and let them sit for 20 minutes. This will make them perfectly al dente, not overly soft.
- Mix ricotta, cottage cheese and Parmigiano-Rreggiano in a large bowl.
- In sauce pan, place olive oil, diced onions, and minced garlic cloves and saute until a golden color. place hamburger meat into the pan and mix in the Italian seasoning. cook hamburger meat thoroughly. Add in the can of peeled tomatoes (or your favorite marinara sauce) and let simmer on low heat for 15 minutes to give the hamburger meat time to marinate Salt to taste
- Spread a small portion of meat sauce over the bottom of lasagna pan and layer with noodles, then Ricotta mixture, then mozzarella cheese and back to sauce. Continue layering until an inch away from the top of the pan, always end with meat sauce.
- Spread the shredded Italian cheese mix evenly over the top.
- Bake for 45 minutes to an hour.