Perfectly Pronto Peach Cobbler
Serves: 8 servings
This is very similar to a dump cake, but makes a very tasty cobbler. This recipe is requested by many customer that I bake for, ordering it for family gathering. It is a definite must try!
- 2, 20 oz, Jars of Del Monte peaches
- 2 Tbsp.. Captain Morgan Spiced Rum
- 1 Box Betty Crocker, Butter Pecan Cake Mix
- 1 Cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 Stick unsalted butter
- Pre-heat oven to 350° F
- Pour the 2 jars of peaches into a 9" x 13" pan and swirl in the rum.
- Spread the box of cake mix evenly, over the top of the peaches. Slowly stir the cake mix into the juice until all is moist (do not completely blend, because we want some of the juice to remain at the bottom of the pan).
- Hand sprinkle the brown sugar over the top and then place pats of butter over the top of the brown sugar using the entire stick of butter.
- Place in oven. Check at about 45 minutes (all ovens vary). It should be golden brown and firm on top.