Decorated for a Mermaid Birthday Party for 4 year old! Aren’t they super adorable!
Rum Cookie Cupcakes
This Rum Cookie recipe is perfect for any under the sea, pirate, mermaid party or any other festivities! I think of an old rum bottle on a deserted island and the beach and ocean at my feet, when I eat this deliciousness!
- ½ Cup unsalted butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 ½ Cups cake flour
- 1 ¾ tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ Cup milk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract or paste
- 1 Cup unsalted butter
- ½ cup unflavored Crisco
- 1 tsp.rum extract
- 1 tbsp. Biscoff creamy cookie spread
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- Americolor gel food coloring as desired
- For the cake:
- Pre-heat oven to 350°
- Cream room temperature butter and sugar in your stand mixer until creamy. Beat 3 eggs and add to the mixture in the mixer, on low speed. add vanilla extract
- In a separate bowl mix the rest of the dry ingredients together.
- Slowly incorporate the dry mix and the milk, alternating between the two. (Make sure to start and end with the dry ingredients)
- Bake for 12 minutes or until pick comes out clean. (all ovens are different)
- Cream the butter and Crisco in Kitchen-aid mixer until smooth. Turn mixer to low and add in extract. Slowly add in powdered sugar, ½ cup at a time, until all is blended in with the butter mixture. Add in all other ingredients, mixing completely and turn on medium/high to ensure the frosting is creamy, whipped and smooth. (you may need to scrape down the sides of the bowl as you go) I use a Kitchen-aid scraper paddle! Well worth the money!
- Let the cupcakes cool completely before frosting. decorate as desired1