Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes
Lemonade Cupcakes with Fresh Strawberry Buttercream is sure to be a fave! Fall in love with this cupcake
- ¾ cup butter
- 1¼ cups white sugar
- 8 egg yolks
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened (2 sticks), I always use Kerry Gold
- 1 cup unflavored Crisco (1 baking stick)
- 6 cups powdered confectioner's sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract (I use homemade)
- ½ cup of fresh strawberries, stemmed and chopped. (pulsed in mini food processor 4 times.
- 1 Tbsp. white sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In large mixing bowl, whisk all dry ingredients together, Blend in all the wet ingredient (except lemon juice and zest) with a hand mixer for 2 minutes, or until well blended. Stir in lemon juice and zest. Scoop into cupcake pan lined with 24 cupcake liners. Fill each ¾ full. Bake in oven for 12-15 minutes, or until pick comes out clean in the middle. Cool completely before frosting.
- Chop strawberries and sprinkle the 1 tsp. of white sugar over top of berries and mix together. set aside in small bowl.
- In stand mixer, cream butter and Crisco together until smooth and add in vanilla extract. Add confectioner's sugar ½ a cup at a time on low, until all is blended together creamy. Add the strawberries and blend together completely.
- Place in piping bag and pipe onto cooled cupcakes.
- NOTE: The cupcakes will need to be refrigerated if not eaten right away. (the consistency of the strawberry frosting can melt easily in warm weather.