Sweet Bruschetta w/ Strawberries, Brie, Honey and Basil
A sweet and healthy treat for a spring fling or any summertime event. It make a great appetizer for even the pickiest of palates!
- 2 loaves french bread
- 1 stick of butter (I always use Kerry Gold)
- 2 oz. cinnamon, sugar mix
- 1 pint of fresh strawberries
- 10 fresh basil leaves (chiffonade)
- 1 round President Brie
- 4 oz. Raw Honey (I prefer orange blossom honey with this recipe)
- Chiffonade technique- stack the basil leaves, roll them long ways, and slice into rounds.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Slice each loaf into 12 slices, butter sparingly and sprinkle with cinnamon/sugar mixture. bake until golden and toasty. let stand for 5 minutes. Spread brie over each slice.
- Wash and cut the green off of the top of each strawberry and slice into long, slender, flat pieces and place 2 -5 slices on each piece of toast. (depending on size of toast)
- place as much basil to taste over each slice.
- Drizzle honey over the Strawberry bruschetta for a tasty sweet treat!